Do you have an upcoming move? Whether you’re moving directly to a new home or putting your stuff into a cheap storage unit, finding the best packers and movers is crucial to a successful transition. Using professional packers provides another layer of protection for your belongings. Individuals who have been trained to properly pack fragile items, televisions, and to prepare large furniture pieces ensures that your things stay in mint condition during transition. Often times moving companies provide professional packing services, but another great option is a professional organizer.
Professional organizers can do more than just pack your belongings; they provide a well thought out plan that makes unpacking your items easy. If items are packed away and labeled by room then the movers can easily put boxes and furniture into their final resting place in an efficient manner. Remember, you’re likely being charged hourly by your mover so streamlining the operation as much as possible is going to save you money in the end!
Tips for dealing with a mover and packer:
- Make sure all furniture, boxes, and other items are clearly labeled with their destination on them.
- e. Silverware à Kitchen, Mattress à Master Bedroom
- If you are using a professional organizer make sure all of your things are packed and labeled before your mover gets there.
- Make note of fragile items or other items that have intrinsic value so the movers can make sure they are packed (extra) safely for transport.
- If your moving company is also packing try to negotiate a lower rate to save yourself money.
Are you temporarily putting your things in a storage unit? If you are planning on moving your items directly to a storage unit for the time being; be sure to reserve your unit a week in advance. Also, you can make your life easier by choosing a drive-in facility. A drive-in facility allows your mover to drive up to your unit door saving time and money rather than deal with slow and inconvenient elevators.
Other storage unit factors to consider:
- Is the unit climate-controlled?
- Do I need daily, weekly, monthly, or no access to the unit?
- How long will I be in storage for?
- Do I need partial deliveries, etc.?
- How far is the facility from my location?
Moving is a stressful, complex, and expensive experience so anyway to streamline or cut costs is something you’ll want to think about. Likely anything else, having a prepared and well thought out plan is going make moving a breeze. A hybrid service like OnDemand Storage provides storage with pickup and delivery. Furthermore, our network provides resources for packing, moving, junk removal, etc. Learn more about services by checking out the rest of our site!