If you’re like most people living in a major metropolitan area, you’re living with about 1/3 of the space you actually need! One great way to make space in your apartment is to put your summer clothes into storage. BUT, there are also some other options as well that can make getting them back easier and help you avoid wasted space even when your outfit is in season.
Here are some tips to help you get started.
- Identify the pieces you do not wear and donate them. Aside from the obvious benefit of helping those in need, it will undoubtedly create more space in your apartment because in reality we all have a lot of articles we just don’t wear anymore. There could be a million reasons –maybe it went out of style or doesn’t quite fit anymore. Either way, do some good!
- Clean your clothing before putting into storage. Putting dirty clothes in storage means you ill get dirty clothes back. Also, there is a potential the clothes can be beyond reprieve if you put them in smelly. Also, it’s just gross to store clothes that have not been cleaned.
- Get a wardrobe box! Do not store that really nice sun dress crammed in a box. You do not want to get it returned and have it in an unwearable state with creases permanently in it. If you are going to put T-shirts in a box, try to pack them loosely to avoid creasing.
- Where are you going to store it? With OnDemand Storage, we will provide packing materials, pick up, storage, and on-demand return from your virtual storage unit. It’s the most convenient and stress free storage solution in America.
- Can I still wear it? Don’t pack as fast as you can to be done with it. Remember some articles of clothing can be worn year round. For example a cocktail dress, while it’s not the warmest clothing for a cold winter – you may need a nice outfit to wear to a formal event. You’ll be stuck requesting items back or buying news ones.