At OnDemand Storage, we understand the importance of safeguarding your belongings by properly storing them to ensure you can use them for years to come. Below we have listed 5 tips on how to properly store and preserve your couch in our Boston storage units.
- Say no to plastic! It is vital to allow your furniture to breathe during the moving and storing process. While many believe plastic safeguards your couches from debris and dirt, it actually damages your furniture by suffocating the fabric.
- Say yes to old sheets! Instead of covering your couch with plastic, utilize old sheets and blankets to cover your couches during the move and in storage. These materials are best to protect your couch because it allows the fabric to breathe while protecting the fabric from scratches and dirt.
- It is important to ensure your couch is 4 to 8 inches away from walls to allow for proper airflow within the unit.
- We recommend storing your couch horizontally rather than vertical due to the damage that can result to the coils and inner parts of your couch.
- Refrain from using your couch as another surface for storage. Stacking heavy items on your couch can result in damage and rips in the fabric.
If you are interested in our Boston storage units, look to the professionals at OnDemand Storage to ensure your items stay safe and secure! Contact us today at (855) 216-6617 to learn more about our storage packages.